Please take the time to register and join our community. Registration takes about 45 seconds and once you register, all of the ads will disappear. You can also check us out on FB at X32 Rack Users. You can also view our video playlist concerning the X32 Rack here. X32 Rack Playlist

Using Aux input/output as "effects loop"

Please list any questions you may have concerning routing your External Multi Effects Processors into the X32 here.
johnwise
Newly Registered
Newly Registered
United States of America

Using Aux input/output as "effects loop"

Post by johnwise »

Hello all ~ i've got an Eventide H9 pedal which I would like to use as an effects loop in my X32. This will provide specialized effects for each song. The presets are controlled by Ableton, so I don't have to worry about turning it on/off. My question is in relation to routing and to see if i'm doing this correctly. It worked in my test last night, but I want to see if there's another way to do this. 

I want to insert this effect on my vocals, and only my vocals. As of now this is the signal setup 

Vocals - Channel 16
H9 output - Aux Input 1 
H9 Input - Aux output 1 (source is channel 16) 

Is there a better way to do this without doubling my vocal channel? Could I use a mix bus with just my vocals to achieve inserting this effect in line with the other effects on the X32? 

My last question is the H9 is set for guitar level, however it can also be set to line level for synths. Should I set it to line level in this instance since the Aux outs are line level? 

Thank you!

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Using Aux input/output as "effects loop"

Post by Dana »

Welcome John. If you have it working, make sure you remember that signal path. You can try running it through a bus and see how it does. The higher the bus fader is moved, the more effect you should get. As per Sweetwater:
Instrument level signals fall between mic level (lower) and line level (higher) signals. These signals refer to any level put out by an instrument, commonly from an electric guitar or bass. A preamplifier is required to bring the signal up to line level.
The Only Difference Between Minor Surgery and Major Surgery Is When It Is Happening To Somebody Else!